Summit Launch Days!
DATE HAS CHANGED!
SEPTEMBER 1-3, 2021
They'll be here before you know it!
Summit Academy 2021-2022 Launch
Hello, Summit families! It’s almost LAUNCH TIME! Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have had to move LAUNCH to September 1-3.
Aug. 25-27th – No Launch, however, we will be here from 11:30 to 1:00pm, between the buildings for In and Out Burger ($5, $6, and $7 meals), turn in paperwork, hang out, ask questions, play at the playground, and meet other Summit families. Attendance is not required, and you may attend on any or all days (I know the high school kids may want to see kids from other days.). If Wednesday’s inspection goes well, we may be able to get into the building on Thursday and Friday.
Launch days (September 1-3) are always a blast - we are so excited to have our students back at Summit and are eager to welcome our new families. We can’t wait! The goal of Launch is for you to learn more about your school days at Summit. It's kind of like a practice for the 1st day. You can finish up business, like paying fees, turning in health information, etc.
There will be a lot of staff on hand to answer questions and direct people as needed. In the meantime, here’s some helpful information:
1) You can see the Launch schedule here. Please note the staggered times to lower the numbers at stations and in meeting spaces.
2) Please bring the following items:
health plans (see below) for children with allergies, asthma, diabetes or other health concerns
medications that will need to be administered to your children while at Summit along with a completed Medication Agreement (see below) for each medication signed by your doctor, for both prescription AND over the counter meds
If needed, please submit info regarding new vaccinations. If you plan to submit a vaccination waiver please click below on Health Forms. Links from that page will explain waiver options and requirements.
Cash and/or checks (for fees, pizza cards, and In & Out lunch)
Masks for everyone in your party
3) The following forms will be available at Launch, but you may prefer to complete them at home and bring them with you.
9th - 12th Grade Student Agreement (see link below, all 9th-12th students)
Summit Student Activity Waiver and Permissions Form (see link below, all students)
4) Click BELOW to see a map of the stations.
5) We will have a free slice of pizza for each student. It's not necessarily a full lunch, but gives you an idea of what to order for your student each week.
6) To manage crowd sizes, we have staggered stations. Parent are not required to attend Launch meetings or classes with your children, however, there is no supervision during the stations and lunch times. Elementary parents new to Summit will want to attend the elementary meeting. The meeting for students in grades 7-12 is student focused, so parent attendance is not required. Parents have “business” to do during station time, so you should be present to attend to your children. Some classes will be more crowded than others. Everyone will be wearing masks, class time is 15 minutes. Families should try to distance in classes. All materials will be available on Schoology for parent viewing.
7) Please bring a mask for everyone in your party. Masks must be worn while inside the Summit buildings. Masks do not need to be worn while outside.
How do I attend multiple classes with more than one child?
Parents manage this in multiple ways. They often pick and choose between different classes to attend. They may choose a class with one child, but if another child has the same teacher for another class, they may choose to attend a different one. Homework classes might be more important to attend. National Honor Society students are on site to help young children get to classes.
We’re so excited to see all of you next week! Until then, be safe and enjoy your last few days of summer break.